The All-new XFM London Breakfast Show!

04 Jul 11

I’ve been sitting on this news for a little while, but I’m excited to finally say that as of August 1st, I’ll be doing my best to wake up London and the rest of the world as the host of the brand new XFM Breakfast Show…

Actually, as of August 1st, I’ll just be doing my best to wake up.

It’s a thrill to join XFM once more – I had such fun doing my Saturday afternoon shows there with Rich a while back. This will be a whole new deal – on air from 6.30am to 10 every weekday, and with some big plans to boot. And I really hope you’ll be a part of it.

Doing a breakfast show has always been an ambition of mine – I’ve covered breakfast for X and elsewhere in the past and it’s a fantastic time to do a show – but to be able to do my own thing is exciting. I’ve huge respect for everyone off- and on-air at X and to broadcast overlooking Leicester Square each day will be ace. And it’ll be fun being a cheeky underdog. I want to make it an exclusive club that anyone’s allowed to join.

I really wanted to change things up a bit in 2011. More news on that and other projects soon. But this will be the biggest change. And I’m looking forward to it.

I’m going to buy new headphones.

Press Release here.

Comments

1. Dan says:

AWESOME! No more listening to the old XFM podcasts on a constant loop

2. Awesome! says:

Congratulations Danny!

3. mike says:

Good luck Danny, looking forward to my next trip past Milton Keynes when I pick up XFM and not BBC Radio Leicester.

4. rob says:

awesome. I cant wait. Will Rich be helping you out?

5. Nigel says:

This is really great news – for the first time since I became a full time musician, I have a reason to wake up at 6am :-)

6. Justin says:

Congratulations, word to the wise – don’t buy your own headphones. It’ll single you out day one. The rest of the DJs will bully you.
    xx

7. Kathryn says:

Hey Yay for you! I hope that there will be a Podcast because i would kill for it. (well maybe not kill – shake my fist aggresively!)

8. Louise marshall says:

Well done Danny at last I can last tomthe radio again in the morning, will his Be turned into podcasts?

9. Ben Robinson says:

Fantastic news, as I only have an old Sony Cassette walkman with FM tuner, I am probably not going to get to hear the show live on my commute in the morning, but will I be able to download the full (unedited) show afterwards on a computer to listen to at ease in the comfort of my home in an evening.

10. Ali says:

If you can induce sniggering/giggling/guffawing even half as much listening to Xfm at breakfast time as reading More Awkward Situations at bedtime after an exhausting day, then it will be a triumph (well as far as I’m concerned anyway). PS It was a wonderful live reading experience at Cambridge Waterstones, though I must confess to not having secured the services of Rhys Ifans for the movie yet. Sorry. Bit busy job-hunting. A shame, as I’m sure he’d make the most of the candy phallus incident….

11. Chris says:

Awesome news, can’t wait to listen to you in the mornings, good luck with the show!

12. Rosana says:

Hi Danny I am Rosana, writting you from Ecuador in Southamerica, I would really like to heard to your program but in my country it goes too early in the midnight (7 hours early it will be here the 12;30 night) so I was wondering if there is any place where your program will be available to heard, let me know thanks

13. Karen says:

Yay for a new show. Any plans for podcasting so those of us who have to leave the house before 7 am can hear the whole thing?

14. [...] month after taking over the Xfm Breakfast Show, and there’s still a newish feel to Danny Wallace’s act. “Let’s do what I [...]

15. Julie says:

Hi Danny, thanks for making me laugh with your books. I want to adopt your perspective and see humor in life more. I am really enjoying the book about your friends right now. I’ll be watching you ;) Julie