The Pilot Has Landed…

24 May 10

Well, I’m back from LA, where we shot the pilot for Awkward Situations For Men.

It. Was. Amazing. And I’m very, very proud of it, and think it’s one of the best things I’ve ever been involved in (although one lady, during audience testing, thought I was “a bit short”).

I’m happy to say that ABC like it too, though they’d like a couple of tweaks (one of which is very exciting), so they’re investing in a whole new episode of Awkward Situations For Men, which we’ll shoot in the next little while.

I have to say I’m very pleased about this. It’s ruthless out there, but excitingly so, and to be sneaking through with our little show is a thrill. ABC have been lovely, and the cast and crew outstanding.

And I’ve found out I can sort of act. But only sort of.

And that I’m a bit short. At 6’2″.

More soon…

Comments

1. Kristina says:

Does that mean the pilot you already shot will be buried in history forever?

2. john reeves says:

Well done Danny, i look forward to a look see one day!

3. Danny says:

Not necessarily Kristina – parts of it will live on!

4. Callum says:

well done man
    any news on if we will catch it in england or am i asking to many questions to soon!

5. Ian S says:

Any chance the original pilot is available on iTunes or similar?

6. Kyle says:

I love you, Danny. Will we be getting this in the UK?

7. Mexican Ted says:

This is EXCITING!

Tony Hale and Laura Prepon rock my world.

8. Anna B says:

This is very good news indeed! Well done Danny- I’m thrilled for you! I’m hoping that the little tweak is that they want your character to have a younger sister back in blighty, that you phone and she brings some witty britsh banter! I feel this character should be played my the “funniest joinee”, called Anna- just a thought!!

9. Cheeky says:

Will this show be screened in the UK? I wondered where you had been hiding?! :)

10. Rachel Parkin says:

So, can we look forward to a book reading tour?

11. Nina says:

Have just finished Awkward situations for men it is as ever refreshing and fantastic and more importantly you have inspired my 12 year old son with his reading. We have random acts of kindness in the car and read them on our travels and wherever we can do them. You are fantastic and are the peron with the most books on the Fisher family shelf! Thank you

12. Nicky says:

Oh dear. Too small. Have yearned for average height-ness for years, & now you say it is beyond my reach (4’11”). What will my reducd stature make of the free Amazon T-Shirt? Lets hope ‘amazon’ doesn’t mean a reduced pap-size on one side…..I obviously couldn’t cope with more illfitting clothes.
    Reading the book will be my only pleasure!

13. Hunter Boone says:

When will the pilot be viewable?

14. michelle fenton says:

do you need any faxes sending?

15. debbie smith says:

still falling in love

16. Lisa says:

Ah…the lady from That 70′s Show.

17. Carl Hilton says:

Just in the internet room at my hotel in spain which i find quite strange sitting here in just my shorts and a dodgy half pint of free san miguel, and thought i would visit your site and tell you that 2 weeks ago a close friend handed me a book called friends like these, which i have just finished reading. i can tell from your home web site that you have acheived lots more since finishing this book. (And i will Read your latest book as soon as i get home).
    I just wanted to day that i to am turning 30 in april next year and whilst reading your book i almost felt like i could have written it my self. with out doubt the best book i have ever read and although keeping it to read another day would be great i think the best thing to do with your book is hand deliver it to a very close friend of mine who i have not spoke to much lately.
    And who knows maybe it could start me on my own little quest. this may be the longest comments add ever so i will end it with one simple word.
    Thanks