Game On

13 Aug 09

I’m going to be in a videogame… by the name of ASSASSIN’S CREED 2.

A childhood ambition realised! Although I am neither Sonic the Hedgehog nor the exciting Dr Robotnik.

I play instead Shaun, a character who, as luck would have it, has exactly the same voice as me.

It was a very exciting process, involving various men in London and Montreal handing me pieces of paper and playing me other voices down the line… and then having around a million photos taken from very different angles, looking grumpy and smily and wise.

Assassin’s Creed 2 comes out on every format imaginable in November… for more info, click here…

as21

Comments

1. Tim Beddows says:

I’ve just got to say how most awesome this news is! Live the dream!

2. Philip Nutter says:

And I thought this game couldn’t get any better…

3. Sam Campbell says:

Wow! I now have even more reasons to get this game! 😀

4. Amit Sodha says:

Sweet! It’s always great to fulfill a dream. I’ve always wanted to be the person taking the round-number card around a boxing ring. I have the boobs for it but sadly the rest of me doesn’t fit the bill 🙁

5. Serge says:

What a great news!! I guess it will be kind or wear to see yourself in a video game and also to be assassined by any gamer (if that´s your part on the game). but as a fan of your books and of course the videogame, this is another reason to buy it. Rgds from Mexico.

6. Jason says:

Assassin’s Creed 2 comes out on every format imaginable in November..

Not it doesn’t, they are porting the PC version (the best version) next year to be released around march like they did with the first one.
    Bad Ubisoft, bad!

7. Loving the sarcasm at the end of AC2 Danny. You’ve got some of the best dialog in the game, and I suspect that it’s not all down to the writers!

8. Jez says:

Ha!

The crest, on your ‘sweater’, it’s not from School’s Out, is it?

9. Phil Norris says:

I just finished the game and I gotta say that I hope Danny is nothing like his character in real life! I was ready to give Shaun a slap by the end of it! lol

10. Lewis says:

Not your fault, but I must say how unhelpful you, or ‘Shaun’ are on those puzzles during the game. Haha.

‘This one’s tricky…’
    ‘Okay, this is a tough one’
    and ‘Let me think, let me think’

11. Jack says:

Just got Assassin’s Creed II, and 5 minutes in I noticed a CGI character that looked and sounded uncannily like Mr Wallace. Came on here to check, and I was fucking right. Nice one.

12. James says:

I thought it was you… Ha brilliant

13. Dylan Barrs says:

This is where I first heard of you, as I have the game. I love what you are doing.

14. Oli says:

…if only the script you had to work with hadn’t been written by an excitable 12 year old eh? Such a shame! But kudos for the involvement, seriously cool.

15. Ricky says:

Its such a shame everyone thinks it’s Jack Davenport as well

16. Helly says:

The game character is hilarious. It looks like you’ve been burned in a fire.

Not that that’s hilarious…

17. Yasmin says:

Shaun is my favourite character in the whole series! He totally makes my day.

18. Perry Garland says:

If I get into a video game, I would just retire, my work would be done. Though I would preferably not want to be one of the badguys in Manhunt.